- Bachelor’s degree (mandatory) in electronic engineering, computer engineering or computer science with at least 2 years of relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Experience with embedded systems and embedded software development.
- Experience implementing a web-based management system and REST APIs.
- Knowledge of DevOps in general.
- Experience with embedded programming (C/C++) and scripting languages (e.g. bash, Bourne shell, Python). Additional Recommendations: Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with embedded operating system platforms such as Linux, UNIX and others.
- Extensive development and debugging experience on a Linux platform (GCC/G++, revision control systems, build systems, troubleshooting, debugging and profiling tools).
- Extensive experience in designing and optimizing software to achieve specified performance goals.
- Knowledge of hardware architecture such as ARM, MIPS and X86.
- Knowledge of major IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems i.e. TCP/IP, Ethernet, ARP, ICMP and/or UDP.
- Knowledge of network device operations. such as traffic analysis, classification, filtering and forwarding.
- Knowledge of network switching and routers, L2 bridging, STP and L3 routing.
- Knowledge and experience implementing network protocols, device drivers, and networking stack internals for Linux.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience with IXP/NFP software development, with C or Assembler.
- Knowledge of network protocols.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Experience with Linux kernel development.
- Experience in cryptography and network security (eg IPsec, SSL).
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position