Searching for a word is much faster than scrolling for something in particular.
When looking for a specific phrase or word on a webpage, the last thing you want to do is scan the entire page for that word. Searching for a word on a web page is a great way to save time.
In this article you will find instructions on how to search for words on a webpage.
How to search for a word using keyboard shortcuts
Finding a word on a web page is a simple process. If you want to search for a specific word, you can perform this task using your keyboard shortcuts. To access your search shortcuts, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the webpage you want to search.
- Use the Control + F keywords on your PC, or Command + F on Mac.
- The search bar will appear in the upper right or bottom corner of your screen.
- Enter the word you want to search for and the word will be highlighted on the web page.
You can also look up a word on a webpage by navigating through your browser’s application menu. Luckily, even if you change your default search engine, you don’t have to worry because the settings are very similar across browsers. To do this, follow these instructions:
- In the upper right corner of your browser screen, click on the browser menu in the form of three dots or three stacked lines.
- In the menu, go to To find on Chrome or Search in the page on Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Do your word search and note the highlighted words on the page.
Efficient use of your browser
When working on your browser, it’s important that you learn to use your time efficiently. Fortunately, some features of your browser are only accessible from a simple setting or keyword shortcut.
The instructions above will allow you to quickly search for a word on a webpage, and if you’re looking for other efficient ways to navigate, there are plenty of other hacks you can use.