We all know that English is considered the world language, but not all countries or continents are 100% literate in English.
And we live in a well-advanced technical era, to be a successful global Internet player, every platform must be updated in order to be relevant and profitable.
To be relevant, they must adapt to various cultural and regional preferences, and language plays an important role in this adaptability.
This is also a reason why many global leaders in different fields have taken the trouble and effort to understand regional languages and integrate them into their platforms.
One of these leaders, Amazon, a leading e-commerce platform, has managed to integrate 71 languages on its platform so that it can attract suppliers and customers at a very regional level, in order to expand its market. Amazon introduced its Amazon Global Store in 2016, see the Global Store later in this article.
How can we change the language preference on Amazon
The majority of the platform was pretty user-friendly, and changing languages on amazon can be done in 4 easy steps.
The following are for mobile apps, as the Amazon app is installed on your phone.
Change Language Preference on Amazon Mobile App
Step 1: At the bottom right of your Amazon app, you will find the “Hamburger button ☰” click on it.
Step 2: Scroll down and you will see “Settings🇺🇸” just click on it which will bring you a ton of options
Step 3: Now click on “The language of the country”
Step 4: Now that you have a list of options in front of you, select your Language and region and that’s all.
Change language preference for Amazon in a web browser
Step 1: Go to Amazon on your browser, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
Step 2: At the top right of your Amazon homepage, you can find a “flag symbol“, Click on it
Step 3: A drop-down list will appear where you can select your preferred language.
Step 4: Simply click on your language and your browser will reload the page with your newly selected language.
If you don’t want to change language, but change region, you can do that as well, follow the steps mentioned below.
Change region/symbol on your Amazon
Step 1: Open the browser and log in
Step 2: Click the “Flag symbol” next to the search button
Step 3: Click “Change country/Region”
Step 4: Now from the drop down menu select your preferred country
Step 5: Finally click on “Go to a website“
The pop-up webpage would open and amazon would be updated in your preferred language. Now you can view relevant content for the location you selected.
After changing your preferred language, Amazon will send an official notification about it. The changes would be saved for your shopping experience.
You should also keep some things in mind when changing your preferred language.
Things to consider
- Some Amazon features and notifications will not be available in the selected language even if you change them.
- Be sure to log in to the same account where you made the changes each time you log into Amazon on different devices.
- Changes to the mobile app will have no effect on Amazon linked on desktop.
- Changes to desktop computers will not affect Amazon related to mobile devices.
- Check the language you select, then apply only to your Amazon account.
What is the Amazon Global Store?
Amazon Global Store is an exclusive store where you will find interesting international products from all over the world. There are some advantages of the Amazon global store:
- As an Amazon, you can rest assured that all products are genuine and have better delivery.
- You can pay for your products in your local currency
- Access to certain brands that are not available on an existing e-commerce platform.
- Amazon has ensured the return and refund policy that will give you peace of mind when ordering internationally.
- Better pricing for international products on Amazon.
- Taxes and other duties are very transparent and you can choose to purchase based on the numbers, unlike other sites, where the price is determined when the product reaches the destination country.
In India, Amazon has taken the edge over its competitors with the introduction of the Amazon Global Store.
Hope this article was helpful for you, comment your views in the comment session. You will also find these articles interesting
Did you know that you can order products from Amazon Japan in the United States, this article will give an overview of the subject.