A new Escape from Tarkov The update arrives this week, bringing new graphical features to the game for the first time.
The EFT patch notes shared today confirm that DLSS compatibility and support will be included, which could prove a major plus for Nvidia users.
Not only will there be new graphics options, Battlestate Games is also improving other areas of the hit shooter, including a new weapon type. And as in the past, Escape from Tarkov fans will have to wait for some maintenance before they can start experiencing the latest changes on the live servers.
Here’s what we know about this week’s Escape from Tarkov update release time and server downtime schedule.
When is the new Escape From Tarkov update coming out?
Developers Battlestate Games have confirmed that Escape From Tarkov update 0.12.12.15.4 will launch on Wednesday, April 13 and will be playable after a short period of server maintenance. The new EFT patch will be available to download and play after 10:00 a.m. BST on Wednesday. However, Battlestate Games noted that additional maintenance is possible and delays may occur in the rolling schedule. If this happens, players will have to wait longer to access the new content.
The message from Battlestate Games reads: “Tomorrow, April 13, at 10:00 MSK, we plan to install patch 0.12.12.15.4. Installation will take approximately 2 hours, but can be extended if needed. The game will not be available during this time.
Patch Notes for Escape From Tarkov
The Escape From Tarkov April 2022 patch notes have also been released and confirm that Nvidia DLSS will be available for those with compatible hardware. The development team is also adding revolvers to the game, which means new gear to pick up and collect in live matches. The Chiappa Rhino 200DS chambered in 9×19 and the Chiappa Rhino 50DS chambered in .357 will enter service on April 13, with the necessary ammunition. The full patch notes for this week’s Escape From Takov update can be found below:
- Added several optimizations for game server and network component;
- Optimization of memory consumption of 3D models;
- Added optimizations for physics and CPU time for light source visibility processing;
- Optimized shadow and cloud shaders;
- Improved game stability during backend connection issues;
- Improved raid loading speed;
Nvidia DLSS 2.3.1 has been added to the game.
DLSS is developed to increase frame rate during high GPU usage. If the game is already running on your PC at a high frame rate, your graphics card’s frame rendering time may be faster than the DLSS runtime. In this case, DLSS is not needed as it will not increase the frame rate. However, if the game is heavy on the graphics card (FPS is less than 60fps), DLSS will provide the optimal performance boost. In this case, you can increase your graphics settings to get the most out of DLSS.
- DLSS only works with Nvidia graphics cards with RTX technology
- DLSS will only give an FPS boost if your graphics card was running under 97-100% utilization before DLSS;
- If the GPU is not performing with high utilization, you can increase it by selecting higher graphics settings and then enabling DLSS;
- DLSS works best with high resolutions, we recommend using it with monitors with a resolution of 2560×1440 and higher.
- Auxiliary tools used in some crafting recipes will return to the stash after production ends;
- Added weapon and armor repair kits. These kits can be found in raids, but can only be used outside of a raid. The effectiveness of Repair Kits is affected by the Weapon Maintenance and Intelligence skills;
- Cannons added:
- Chiappa Rhino 200DS chambered in 9×19
- Chiappa Rhino 50DS chambered in .357
- Added new ammo types:
- .357 Magnum Soft Point
- .357 Magnum JHP
- Hollow point .357 Magnum
- .357 Magnum FMJ
- In the near future we will also be adding two more versions of Chiappa Rhino chambered in .40 SW and 9×21 ITA.
- Added upgrade for revolver proficiency;
- Improved Rogue AI to improve their teamwork interactions;
- Reworked spawn mechanics for Scavs to exclude spawns near players and inside objects. Additionally, it aims to remove the ability to spawn at Scav or Rogue sniper positions as scav players;
- Added the ability to click the NEXT button on the PMC USEC/BEAR faction selection screen before models are fully loaded;
- Updated pocket interaction sounds for several types of weapons and magazines;
- Reworked the stats of the elite level skill Endurance
- Increases breath recovery speed by 50% (was 100%).
- Increases stamina by 20% (down from 25%)
- Added the ability to sort tasks by location in the quests menu;
- Reworked Scav behavior mechanics on Factory while players fight Tagilla;
- Added inertia for bots when accelerating and decelerating, added speed settings for bots during turns and stationary running;
- Bots will no longer fire when changing stance (e.g. trying to lay down or get up);
- Added the ability to override an operational task in the trader quest menu. The replaced task will be considered as failed. The cost of each subsequent replacement will increase until the task completion timer runs out;
- Disabled environmental sounds (like wind or rain) when loading into a raid;
- Added a new type of operational task – elimination while using a specific weapon class, such as a sniper or assault rifles;
- Added overheat capability for several weapon attachments;
- The death screen now displays a player’s nickname if you’ve been killed by a Scav player;
- Added Connection Type tab to game settings section, select HTTP if having trouble accessing functional sections of the lobby. The setting does not affect game performance during raids;
List of fixes:
- Bots are again aggressive towards Scav players if they fire at another Scav player;
- Cultist Knife toxin durability now remains correct after it is picked up by another PMC
- Added enabling/disabling of NVG sounds for other players;
- Control settings in the Live client are no longer reset to default if the player installed the ETS client with different control settings;
- Fixed possible UI crash when interacting with inventory and closing it by pressing the Tab key;
- Glukhar’s guards no longer stop firing at players when switching weapons after Glukhar’s death.
- Fixed visual water artifacts in lighthouse tanks;
- Objects are now correctly displayed in heat vision goggles with high resampling values enabled;
- Weapon Mastery now levels correctly when using MTs-255-12
- Bots now correctly decide to use prone stances when engaging a player;
- Bots no longer appear right in front of players on Customs;
- Postman Pat task can now be completed correctly after completing all objectives;
- Ammo no longer disappears from the inactive weapon when unloading the chamber with a hotkey immediately after swapping weapons;
- Fixed some spots where the Air Supply Crate could get stuck;
- The NEXT button no longer disappears if players return to the faction selection screen from the character appearance/voice or nickname screens;
- The active headset sound effect no longer persists between offline raids;
- Low graphics settings no longer distort object textures when using night vision devices;
- Switching between tabs on the character screen now remains possible after deleting a map from the blueprint by hotkey and purchasing a new one;
- The killer’s name now displays correctly on the killed player’s dogtag if they were using a stationary weapon;
- Fixed an issue where multiple MS2000 markers could not be placed in a raid if the player performed other hand actions while placing the marker;
- Firing and environment sounds no longer change after reloading in an offline raid;
- The informative loading screen banners change automatically again;
- Bullet holes on water now display correctly on customs;
- Fixed aiming zoom for MTs-255-12 and MP-43-1C shotguns.
In other news, CoD Modern Warfare 2 2022 teaser date and gameplay news leaked