AMD Radeon graphics card users can download a new optional driver from AMD. Version 22.10.2 is now available for download from the official site and Radeon Software, bringing various bug fixes and performance improvements to compatible hardware.
What’s New in AMD Radeon Software Driver 22.10.2?
- Radeon Super Resolution may not trigger after changing resolution or HDR settings on games such as Nioh 2.
- Vertical refresh synchronization globally set to Always Off may cause system stutter or driver timeout during video playback using Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Driver timeout may occur when encoding HEVC hardware on Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Dropped frames may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration on Chromium-based browsers with Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Chromium-based browsers may experience video stutter on extended monitors with mixed refresh rates using Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs.
- The Oculus Dashboard menu and rendered controllers may appear bouncy/flickering on Oculus Quest 2 with certain AMD graphics products such as Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics.
- When previewing the timeline in VEGAS Pro, some colors may appear inverted.
Before installing this optional driver, consider the list of known issues and bugs:
- GPU usage may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD graphics products such as Radeon 570.
- When Radeon Anti-Lag is enabled, a beep may be heard when pressing Shift+Return. [Resolution targeted for 22.11.1]
- Elite Dangerous may crash at launch on Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs. [Resolution targeted for 22.10.3]
- Stuttering may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration with Firefox on some AMD graphics products such as Radeon RX 6900 XT graphics.
- Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD graphics products such as the Radeon RX 6700 XT.
- Improvements have been made in version 22.10.2 to reduce the occurrence of certain configurations.
Finally, AMD says AMD Software Capture and Stream functionality and overlay support for Clone mode and Eyefinity display configurations will be introduced at a later date.
The latest AMD Radeon Software driver is available on systems with Windows 10 and 11 64 bit. From a hardware perspective, Radeon Software 22.10.2 supports the RX 400 series and newer (desktop) and the Radeon 600 series and newer (mobile). Full release notes and download links are available on the official website.
Report a problem with the article